View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000470||SOGo||Web Calendar||public||2010-03-04 12:34||2010-03-24 15:10|
|Target Version||1.2.2||Fixed in Version||1.2.2|
|Summary||0000470: Umlauts in title will not be saved with IE8|
Create a new appointment with webcalendar under IE8
use as title: "test with umlauts äöüß"
This will create a new appointment, but with no title (for me it displays "Öffentlicher Termin")
If you edit this appointment, the same problem occurs: the title is not saved
Doing the same with FireFox: working as expected, the title is saved (create/edit)
This bug is also reproducable in 1.2.0
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Same problem with french accents too (e.g. éèê).
Windows XP Professionnel - Version 2002 - Service Pack 3
This is likely a bug in your webserver configuration. You must make sure that the charset for SOGo is "utf-8". This is done by specifying "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" in your Apache configuration. On Debian/Ubuntu, there is a file named "/etc/apache2/conf.d/charset" which has that purpose so you are recommended to modify that one.
my apache2 is on a debian system, which already has that encoding set:
Read the documentation before enabling AddDefaultCharset.
In general, it is only a good idea if you know that all your files
have this encoding. It will override any encoding given in the files
in meta http-equiv or xml encoding tags.
Any more ideas for tests?
Enabling AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 in /etc/apache2/conf.d/charset did not succeed for me too.
My setup is :
Is it possible for you to sniff the traffic between the server and IE, for example via "tcpflow"?
Can you also test with sogo-demo.inverse.ca?
Ok, I have tested today with firstname.lastname@example.org (french interface) with
I tried to test the event title "test insertion accents éàù grave êâô double point ïë" for one event in calendar "Meeting 2" beginning at 13h45 and ending at 16h00.
After validation, the new event does not show the inserted title but only "(Événement public)".
I have done some captures with tcpdump too with SOGo configuration parameters :
WODontZipResponse = YES
I will send them to you by email.
it seems to be a problem of encoding detection on IE8. Even with "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" in the Apache configuration, IE still uses "Windows Encoding".
If the web page includes into headers: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">, IE switches to UTF-8.
Fixed in 73f3fa811c59b152f7c426fe28488efd6bcfe6f2
Include the "AddCharset UTF-8" directive in the proxy section of your Apache configuration for SOGo (and reload the apache configuration).
|2010-03-04 12:34||xweber||New Issue|
|2010-03-08 10:30||schreiner||Note Added: 0000671|
|2010-03-08 16:44||ludovic||Target Version||=> 1.2.2|
||Note Added: 0000696|
|2010-03-10 08:23||xweber||Note Added: 0000702|
|2010-03-10 08:40||schreiner||Note Added: 0000704|
||Note Added: 0000731|
|2010-03-16 21:25||ludovic||Note Added: 0000745|
|2010-03-17 08:57||schreiner||Note Added: 0000750|
|2010-03-17 09:50||schreiner||Note Added: 0000751|
||Note Added: 0000787|
||Status||new => resolved|
||Fixed in Version||=> 1.2.2|
||Resolution||open => fixed|
||Assigned To||=> wsourdeau|