View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002982||SOGo||ActiveSync||public||2014-11-14 15:53||2014-12-05 18:53|
|Platform||[Server] Linux||OS||Ubuntu||OS Version||14.04 LTS|
|Product Version||nightly v2|
|Target Version||2.2.11||Fixed in Version||2.2.11|
|Summary||0002982: Outlook 2013 with ActiveSync fails to move email between folders|
Outlook 2013 running on Windows7 is configured as ActiveSync client.
When emails are moved between folders via Outlook (e.g. from Inbox to Archive folder) the changes are often not reflected server-side. This can be easily determined via webmail view, IMAP client or via shell looking into Maildir directories.
Emails are moved only locally, within Outlook and on the server they stay in original place. This leads to inconsistencies and duplications, when moving emails a lot, Outlook completely looses sense of where emails actually are.
Problem can be observed the other way around too - e.g. moving email to different IMAP folder via IMAP enabled client will not result in Outlook folder update.
|Steps To Reproduce|
Create a test user and make sure it has a few emails in Inbox.
Create an additional email folder - e.g. Archive via Outlook. Make sure this folder is also visible from webmail.
Move 1 email from Inbox to Archive folder via Outlook.
Compare the Inbox view via Outlook and Webmail client.
To trigger the problem ALLWAYS more emails then just 1 need to be moved between folders.
Whilst the error can be observed when moving single email too, moving a couple (10) will always cause the move to fail.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Does this also happen, when you create this folder in the webinterface first?
Yes, it happens regardless of where the folder creation happens.
Attaching Outlook.log which contains
While single message move is error-free, consequent multiple messages move fails
OutlookLog.log (44,778 bytes)
The problem is caused by some kind of end-less-loop during a sync with the result that all local changes in OL are ignored (not forwarded to the server).
-> In your case the above described behavior is caused by this folder entry in OL: *folder: mail%2F%28null%29.
A fix (ignore non-existing folders while syncing) has been sent to Ludovic for review.
Last edited: 2014-11-25 15:12
Situation has much improved with 2.2.10 stable.
However I still managed to fool Outlook completely:
This simulation is something that can very easily happen in real life - user closes outlook since he thinks operation has finished (client-side it seems so) or Outlook looses connectivity suddenly before move operation completes. As a result Outlook is unable to sync with server anymore, only fix is to set up new profile.
I can't reproduce this.
If I move mails in Outlook from folder A to folder B and prior Outlook is able to send its MoveItems command I quit it, the mails are alright on the server.
Once I restart Outlook, it resends its MoveItems command and all is fine.
I'll try to remove a moved mail on the server BEFORE relaunching Outlook, maybe we have better error-handling to add on our end regarding this.
|2014-11-14 15:53||martinsimovic||New Issue|
|2014-11-17 09:10||Christian Mack||Note Added: 0007681|
|2014-11-17 09:45||martinsimovic||Note Added: 0007683|
|2014-11-17 13:53||martinsimovic||Note Added: 0007684|
|2014-11-17 13:53||martinsimovic||File Added: OutlookLog.log|
|2014-11-19 08:29||tfu||Note Added: 0007702|
|2014-11-25 14:21||martinsimovic||Note Added: 0007739|
|2014-11-25 14:22||martinsimovic||Note Edited: 0007739|
|2014-11-25 15:12||martinsimovic||Note Edited: 0007739|
|2014-12-04 19:27||ludovic||Target Version||=> 2.2.11|
|2014-12-05 16:35||ludovic||Note Added: 0007783|
|2014-12-05 18:53||ludovic||Note Added: 0007784|
|2014-12-05 18:53||ludovic||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-12-05 18:53||ludovic||Fixed in Version||=> 2.2.11|
|2014-12-05 18:53||ludovic||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-12-05 18:53||ludovic||Assigned To||=> ludovic|