View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002940||SOGo||ActiveSync||public||2014-10-01 12:37||2014-10-29 18:56|
|Platform||[Client] Google||OS||Android||OS Version||Kit Kat|
|Target Version||2.2.10||Fixed in Version||2.2.10|
|Summary||0002940: ActiveSync PING Command sent multiple times per second|
I am syncing my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 and the standard Mail app with my SoGO server via ActiveSync. After the initial sync of all emails the phone starts sending PING commands. This happens multiple times per second (and not only once per few seconds/minutes as a keepalive) which produces a high load on the phone, which depletes the battery after a few hours.
For every PING command sent sogo.log shows following entry:
22.214.171.124 - - [01/Oct/2014:14:28:59 GMT] "POST /SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Ping&User=manuel%40zamora.de&DeviceId=0&DeviceType=Android HTTP/1.1" 200 13/123 0.003 - - 0
|Steps To Reproduce|
Set up a new exchange account on the phone, wait until all mails are synced.
As this is working normally with other ActiveSync backends something must be at fault with the SoGO implementation
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I've just tried and I don't have this issue with my Android 4.4 device.
Take a tcpdump of the traffic on the SOGo server, localhost/port 20000 so I can see the AS payload. Attach it to this ticket.
sogo.dump (397,355 bytes)
Attached a dump with an inital sync, then the PINGs start.
Hello i have the same problem with android 4.4 client.
It's a new installation for test.
All running good expcet this little problem which flood sogo logs and drain my phone battery.
It happen more the 10 times every second.
Ps: replaced my user for security reason
SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 4;
in /etc/sogo/sogo.conf and tell me if it's better.
That did help! The PING interval now seems to be 4-5 seconds, corresponding to the new configuration entries. What is a sensible interval duration für the Ping?
Does SOGO use an incremental interval duration, or is it fixed? (like described here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc182270.aspx)
To "fix"/prevent this problem the SoGO default values should probably be set to something longer than one second.
We will fix the issue. I've just identified the bug but I'm not in a position to fix it right now. I just wanted to validate my theory.
|2014-10-01 12:37||der.tale||New Issue|
|2014-10-01 12:49||ludovic||Note Added: 0007581|
|2014-10-01 13:19||der.tale||File Added: sogo.dump|
|2014-10-01 13:20||der.tale||Note Added: 0007582|
|2014-10-07 15:55||TribesTom||Note Added: 0007591|
|2014-10-07 16:43||ludovic||Target Version||=> 2.2.10|
|2014-10-09 18:34||ludovic||Note Added: 0007598|
|2014-10-09 18:46||der.tale||Note Added: 0007599|
|2014-10-09 18:49||ludovic||Note Added: 0007600|
|2014-10-29 18:56||ludovic||Note Added: 0007634|
|2014-10-29 18:56||ludovic||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-10-29 18:56||ludovic||Fixed in Version||=> 2.2.10|
|2014-10-29 18:56||ludovic||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-10-29 18:56||ludovic||Assigned To||=> ludovic|