View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0001553SOGoWeb Mailpublic2012-07-23 14:00
ReporterChristian Mack Assigned Toludovic  
Status closedResolutionfixed 
Target Version1.3.17Fixed in Version1.3.17 
Summary0001553: Email from opera is displayed as attachment

We got several emails from a user which uses operas email client.
Most of them are not displayed correctly in the SOGo web interface.
Instead of displaying the content, it displays an attachment.

This is an multipart/alternative message with a text/plain alternative and a multipart/related alternative which only contains a text/html part.

Steps To Reproduce

See the attached example email.
Just try to open it within SOGo email web interface.

TagsNo tags attached.


2011-12-19 15:06


Christian Mack

Christian Mack

2011-12-19 15:16

developer   ~0003184

Forgot to mention, this is SOGo Version 1.3.11 ( 201112121607).
And when opening the attachment I see the HTML version of the email.

See pictures.

2011-12-19 15:29


2011-12-19 15:29




2011-12-30 14:47

administrator   ~0003218

This message contains invalid headers. Cyrus won't even accept it and Thunderbird doesn't even display the message.

Christian Mack

Christian Mack

2012-01-18 11:28

developer   ~0003285

Last edited: 2012-01-18 11:30

Sorry for the late response.
Was busy with other project.

Obviously I removed too much Data from the email in order to clean it from sensitive informations.

This time I attached "OperaReply.eml". This is an unmodified reply from my colleague done with opera email client included in opera 11.60.

You can't view it in SOGo webinterface, but in Thunderbird as described before.

2012-01-18 11:28


OperaReply.eml (2,763 bytes)


2012-04-05 06:56

reporter   ~0003689

I can confirm this. It's not totally Opera related. The same happens for other multipart/alternative Content-Types. I've seen this behavior with mails from and other services.

The cause could be the header "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit". multipart/alternative emails are displayed properly if the encoding is set to "Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable"



2012-07-23 14:00

administrator   ~0004195

This should be fixed with this commit:

The fix will be incorporated in v1.3.17.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2011-12-19 15:06 Christian Mack New Issue
2011-12-19 15:06 Christian Mack File Added: emailAsAttachmentDisplayed.eml
2011-12-19 15:16 Christian Mack Note Added: 0003184
2011-12-19 15:29 Christian Mack File Added: emailAsAttachmentDisplayed01.png
2011-12-19 15:29 Christian Mack File Added: emailAsAttachmentDisplayed02.png
2011-12-30 14:47 ludovic Note Added: 0003218
2012-01-18 11:28 Christian Mack Note Added: 0003285
2012-01-18 11:28 Christian Mack File Added: OperaReply.eml
2012-01-18 11:30 Christian Mack Note Edited: 0003285
2012-02-08 20:42 ludovic Status new => assigned
2012-02-08 20:42 ludovic Assigned To => ludovic
2012-04-05 06:56 BattleMage Note Added: 0003689
2012-07-23 14:00 ludovic Target Version => 1.3.17
2012-07-23 14:00 ludovic Note Added: 0004195
2012-07-23 14:00 ludovic Status assigned => closed
2012-07-23 14:00 ludovic Resolution open => fixed
2012-07-23 14:00 ludovic Fixed in Version => 1.3.17