Subject: Call for Signatures: stretch dedication
From: Jonathan Wiltshire <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:23:48 +0100
List-Id: <debian-devel-announce.lists.debian.org>

Hi,

My apologies that this is rather short notice. We deferred discussion of
the subject in 2015 to "nearer the release", and then promptly failed to
add it to any checklists.

Debian 9 "stretch" will be dedicated to Ian Murdock. Whilst dedications in
more specific areas of Debian development are generally preferred, the
founder of the project is a common sense exception. As is traditional, the
dedication will be expressed by a file on the mirrors and CD images.

We welcome every Debian developer, maintainer, translator, or
contributor in any other field to join us in signing this dedication.

If you wish to do so, please:

  * Download the dedication file:
    https://people.debian.org/~jmw/dedication-9.0.txt
  * Verify the sha1sum: fb37a995eebad8ced194709a9a2eb7a68ad8979c
  * Create a detached, ascii-armoured signature in a file with your name,
    underscore-separate. Use of proper capitalisation is appreciated.
    For example, mine is called Jonathan_Wiltshire:
       gpg -bao Your_Name dedication-9.0.txt
  * Mail the file as an attachment directly to me, [email-masked] with the
    subject line "Dedication signature". I will collate them.

Owing to the proximity of the release, the deadline for signatures
is 2016-06-16 18:00 UTC (Friday). I am aware that this does not leave
very much time and I'm sorry about that; I will make one further update
to the signatures archive around the time of the first point release for
anyone who cannot meet this schedule.

Thanks,

For the release team:
-- 
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      [email-masked]
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51